Interested in attending a performance—an opera, ballet, recital, or concert—at the Palais Garnier in Paris? This article will comprehensively provide advice and tips on all aspects of your visit to the Opera Garnier such as when to arrive, what to wear, and what to expect so you can make the most out of your visit to this beautiful and historic venue. I really love the Palais Garnier and have attended two ballets and one opera here—our most recent visit was in June. While you can also see performances at the other Paris Opera location—the Opera Bastille—there is nothing quite like seeing a performance in this opulent venue. The Palais Garnier is arguably the most famous opera house in the world and for many it’s a once in a lifetime experience to attend a ballet or opera here during their travels.
Now, if you have not yet booked your tickets or have any questions about seating, please review this article: Attending a Performance at the Palais Garnier: Advice on How to Book Tickets to the Paris Opera Garnier. Once you have your tickets booked, read on and we’ll provide tips on making the most of attending a performance at the Opera Garnier based on our own experiences.
Basic Information about the Palais Garnier
• Built and named after architect Charles Garnier. It was built over a period of 15 years and the first performance took place at the Palais Garnier in 1875.
• The Italian-style horseshoe-shaped auditorium has 1,900 seats.
• Official website for the Opera de Paris is here.
• Primary telephone line from outside France: + 33 (0)1 71 25 24 23
• Primary telephone line from within France: 0 892 89 90 90
• Address: 8 rue Scribe, Place de l’Opera, 75009 Paris, France (located in the 9th arrondissement, at the corner of rue Scribe and rue Auber)
• Metro: Opéra stop right across the street from Palais Garnier, use lines 3, 7, or 8
• RER: line A, station Auber
• Bus lines: 20, 21, 22, 27, 29, 42, 52, 53, 66, 6 8, 81, 95
• Nearest Car park: Place Vendôme
Opera Adblock, Opera At The Movies, Opera Cafe Menu, Opera Carolina, Opera Emmons Avenue, Opera Enable Flash, Opera Explained, Opera House Hotel, Opera In Nyc, Opera Nyc, Opera Omaha, Opera Omnia Limit Break, Opera Orchestra Of New York, Opera Software, Opera Songs, Opera Tickets, Opera Tower Miami, Opera Tv, Opera Ublock