Khanty Mansiysk, Russia, Sep 19.- Russian Grandmaster Peter Svidler on Monday won the title of the World Chess Cup, after defeating his compatriot Alexander Grischuk in the finals.
Svidler, with white pieces, on Monday tied after 38 moves of a Sicilian Defense, with a Moscow variation.
The draw was a guarantee for Svidler to win the world title by 2.5 over 1.5 points, because he previously had one victory in the first match, and two draws in the second and third matches.
Svidler, 35, and also six-time champion of Russia, replaced Israeli Boris Gelfand as world champion, and qualifies for the next Candidates Tournament to the World Chess Championship 2012.
In the third place competition, Ukrainian Vassily Ivanchuk defeated his compatriot Ruslan Ponomariov (2.5-1.5), and won the bronze. (Prensa Latina).
- Torres leads team in Camagüey in national Chess Tournament
- Positioned in fourth place in Camagüey Daniel Saiz Chess Moncada Cup
- Camagüey´s chess players will compete in National Chess Tournament in Bayamo
- Camagüey´s Tania Miranda in front of National Chess Champion
- Begins in Camagüey Chess Tournament for the anniversary of the city
- Camagüey´s player Albornoz is third in the semi-final of the National Chess Championship
- Camagüey Rafael Cantillo was third in National Chess Tournament
- Camaguey in the semi-finals of National Chess Championships
- Camagüey Bathrobe achieved the Cuban championship semi-final ticket of Chess
- Three Camagüey´s chess player to Central zonal of the Cuban Chess Championship
Anatoly Russian Chess, Chess Russian Eng, Russia Chess Rankings, Russia Ukraine Chess, Russian Chess, Russian Chess Books In English, Russian Chess Championship, Russian Chess Club, Russian Chess Engine, Russian Chess House English, Russian Chess Online, Russian Chess Player, Russian Chess Player On Saved By The Bell, Russian Chess School Methods, Russian Chess Set Ebay, Russian Chess Store, Russian Chess Team, Russian Chess Training Methods, Russian Chess University, Russian Chess World Champions